Churros are a popular dessert that is quite popular in Spain and also other countries. They are made with simple pastry fried in hot oil and coated in sugar. Churros are delicious coated with hot chocolate!
Ingredients (2/4 people)
- 1.5 glasses of water
- Same full glass of general flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil to fry the churros (you can also use olive oil)
- More sugar to put on top as soon as they are fried
- Boil the water, mixed with the salt, the sugar spoon & the butter.
- As son as it´s boiling, remove the water from the heat and add the flour with the egg. Mix all well.
- Use some manual "churrera" to do the shape, and if you don´t have, you can use any piping bag, even you can easily create one yourself at home!
- Once you have the churros made, leave the mix to rest for 10 minutes.
- Fry the churros into preheated oil for around 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Then, put them on top of kitchen paper to absorb the rests of oil, et voilá!