Empanada de atún
- 300 g onions
- 150 g red pepper
- 150 g green pepper
- 1 garlic glove
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 50 g de extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g tuna in olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 egg
- 2 sheet of puff pastry
- Preheat your oven at 200 ºC or as per your puff pastry instructions.
- Chop the boiled eggs and reserve.
- Chop finely all the vegetables.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil, add the vegetables and cook slowly until softened.
- Add the tuna, boiled eggs and tomato sauce and cook slowly for an extra 8 minutes until all the flavours are mixed together.
- Extend one of your puff pastry sheets in an non-stick oven tray and add the vegetables and tuna mix in top. Extend without reaching the puff pastry edges.
- Cover with the second portion of puff pastry.
- Seal all the edges twisting them around. With a fork, perforate the top of your empanada to let the air scape.
- Paint the top of the empanada with beaten egg and cook in the oven for around 30 min or as per your puff pastry instructions.