Salmorejo is a typical dish from Cordoba that we enjoy in the hot summertime. It’s a cold thick soup based on raw tomatoes.
Ingredients (6 people)
- 150 g Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boiled eggs (to decorate)
- 100 g diced serrano ham (to decorate)
- 1/2 garlic glove ( you can use a full one, depending on your taste)
- 1000 g de red and mature tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g white bread (dry from the day before)
- 30 g de vinegar (you can use less or leave it out if is too strong for you)
- Blend together the garlic, tomatoes and salt.
- Add the bread and vinegar and blend until you get a soft creamy mix.
- If the mix is too thick you can add a little bit of water.
- While blending, add the olive oil.
- Pour in a serving plate and decorate with diced boiled eggs and serrano ham.